Field Trips Slideshow
Take a field trip to the Flint RiverQuarium and see many critters like alligators, snakes and snapping turtles, oh my! Learning about native species and unique ecosystems of the southeastern United States has never been more fun for you and your students. And you can do this all while enhancing your curriculum!
The Flint RiverQuarium subsidizes educaitonal group visits with a reduced price. In order to be elegible for this reduced cost, the total number of paid admissions must be 15 (the number of paid admissions may include children and adults).
The Flint RiverQuarium's Imagination Theater offers educational and entertaining movies. A theater showing is a great addition to any field trip.
Concessions can be purchased at the theater concession stand before the movie (please arrive early if you plan to allow your group to purchase concessions). PLEASE NOTE: We are not offering popcorn at this time, but you may still pre-order drinks. Drinks must be ordered before your visit to ensure that they are ready for your group.
If you don't have time to schedule a stop in our gift shop, your students can purchase Flint RiverQuarium Souvenir Packs in advance for your convenience. These are best suited for ages 5 and up. Each pack costs $2.00 and contains a variety of affordable fun items to complement your visit to the Flint RiverQuarium. We suggest a one week notice for these items.
If you decide to bring your lunch, please make arrangements to eat lunch adjacent to our facility in Riverfront Park or Turtle Grove Park. The Flint RiverQuarium is not equipped to provide an indoor lunch space for school groups. You can also pre-order lunch through Chick-Fil-A, and they will deliver lunch for your group to our facility. They request a two-week notice. Please contact the Albany Chick-Fil-A for more information or to place your order. The Flint RiverQuarium DOES NOT accept Chick-Fil-A orders.
Make a Reservation
All school field trip reservations are first-come, first-served. School groups are required to make a reservation.
The Flint RiverQuarium subsidizes school visits by reducing the price of admission to school groups. Therefore, memberships do not apply when school children visit with a school group. Adult chaperones (parents and non-paid school staff) may use their membership, but not the student. If school does not pay for chaperones, individuals will be charged a chaperone fee.
Policies and Procedures
The Flint RiverQuarium subsidizes educational group visits with a reduced price. In order to be elegible for this reduced cost, the total number of paid admissions must be 15 (the number of paid admissions may include children and adults).
- If a cancellation needs to made, please call our Education staff at 229-639-2650.
- Programs are held rain or shine. Weather and time of year will not affect your experience.
- Field trips will only be cancelled by the facilitator in extreme circumstances. In these instances, staff will contact your group directly to reschedule.
Students and faculty are expected to comply with all the rules and regulations listed.
- Food, gum and drinks are not allowed in exhibit halls.
- To avoid injury, running is discouraged inside our facilities.
- To prevent animals from becoming sick, please do not put hands, trash, food, etc. in the tanks or exhibits.
- For your safety, touching animals is prohibited unless instructed by Flint RiverQuarium staff or trained volunteers and interns.
- Since animals can be sensitive to noises, please do not tap on glass.
- School representatives should remain with students at all times and are responsible for controlling student behavior.
- Students, chaperones, and faculty are expected to follow the directions given by Flint RiverQuarium staff and volunteers.
- Please leave book bags on the bus. This prevents students'/teachers' personal items from accidently being left behind.
- No gum, outside food or drink is allowed in the theater.
- Use of electronic or recording devices of any kind is prohibited during the presentation.
- Once the film starts we ask that you do not exit the theater unless an emergency situation arises, as it gets very dark.
- Please keep aisles free from obstructions.
- If you want to add concessions to your theater experience, please complete and return the concession order form included in your reservation form packet.
- Due to limited seating inside the Imagination Theater, it might be necessary to split your group, as the theater only seats 100 guests. This process will be noted to you by the Education staff.
- The Imagination Theater is handicapped accessible and is equipped with four wheelchair spaces. Please ask our Education staff for the necessary accommodations, preferably when reservations are made.
If your organization is located in GA and is sales tax-exempt, please provide an ST-5 form and pay with organization check or credit card. Cash payments cannot be processed with sales tax exemption. All chaperones pay the rates listed with exception of Lab classes, which they do not attend due to space and material limitations.
If the above behavior guidelines and others set forth by Flint RiverQuarium staff and volunteers are not followed, this could be grounds for removal of individuals from the facility without a refund.