Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
Field Trips Slideshow
Take a field trip to the Flint RiverQuarium and see many critters like alligators, snakes and snapping turtles, oh my! Learning about native species and unique ecosystems of the southeastern United States has never been more fun for you and your students. And you can do this all while enhancing your curriculum!
(August 1 - May 31)
(June 1 - July 31)
Policies and Procedures
- A 50% advance deposit of the total estimated cost is required at the time of the reservation or one week before your scheduled trip to ensure your reservation.
- This amount is applied to your total cost of your trip.
- You can make the deposit by cash, check, credit card or money order.
- Please make checks payable to: Flint RiverQuarium.
- Deposit may be paid at facility's box office during regular hours of operation or mailed to Flint RiverQuarium, 117 Pine Ave., Albany, GA 31701, Attention: Guest Services.
- If a cancellation needs to made, please call our Guest Services Manager immediately at 229-639-2650.
- We are unable to provide refunds without at least a one week notice.
- Programs are held rain or shine. Weather and time of year will not affect your experience.
- Students are expected to comply with all Flint RiverQuarium rules and regulations.
- Food, gum and drinks are prohibited in exhibit halls.
- To avoid injury, running is prohibited inside our facilities.
- To prevent animals from becoming sick, please do not put hands, trash, food, etc. in the tanks or exhibits.
- For your safety, touching animals is prohibited unless instructed by Flint RiverQuarium staff.
- Since animals can be sensitive to noises, please do not tap on glass.
- School representatives should accompany students at all times and are responsible for controlling student behavior.
- Students and chaperones are expected to follow the directions given by Flint RiverQuarium staff and volunteers.
- Please leave book bags on the bus as they are prohibited in the Flint RiverQuarium.
If the above behavior guidelines and others set forth by Flint RiverQuarium staff and volunteers are not followed, this could be grounds for removal of individuals from the facility without a refund.
- No gum, outside food or drink is allowed in the theater.
- Use of electronic or recording devices of any kind is prohibited during the presentation.
- Once the film starts we ask that you do not exit the theater unless an emergency situation arises.
- Please keep aisles free from obstructions.
- We strongly suggest that you pre-order concessions, so that we may expedite your order in a timely fashion. If you have already made a reservation, the form will be mailed to you. Please complete and send with your reservation confirmation.
- If you are ordering concessions we ask that you arrive in the lobby of the theater 30 minutes prior to your film presentation to allow adequate purchase time.
- Due to limited seating inside the Imagination Theater, it might be necessary for Guest Services to offer your group more than one showing time. The theater seating capacity is 103.
- The Imagination Theater presentations start promptly at the scheduled times. Please do not be late for your reservation time. Please note: We cannot change the start times of the films as they are also open to the general public.
- The Imagination Theater is Handicap accessibility and is equipped with four wheelchair spaces. Please ask Guest Services for accommodations, preferably when reservations are made.
The Flint RiverQuarium's Imagination Theater offers educational and entertaining movies. A theater showing is a great addition to any field trip.
Click here to view the current movie schedule. - Special Showtimes may be scheduled outside of the normal schedule for your group. Please contact us for information on availability.
Concessions can be purchased at the theater concession stand before the movie (please arrive early if you plan to allow your group to purchase concessions). We also offer a Combo Special for groups that includes a Small Popcorn and a bottled Coca-Cola product for $2.75, this must be ordered before your visit to ensure that the concessions are ready for your group).
If you don't have time to schedule a stop in our gift shop, your students can purchase Flint RiverQuarium Souvenir Packs in advance for your convenience. Each pack costs $1.75 and contains a variety of affordable fun items to complement your visit to the Flint RiverQuarium. We suggest a one week notice for these items.
If you decide to bring your lunch, please make arrangements to eat lunch adjacent to our facility in Riverfront Park or Turtle Grove Park. The Flint RiverQuarium is not equipped to provide an indoor lunch space for school groups. You can also pre-order lunch through Chick-Fil-A and they will deliver your groups lunch to our facility. Please contact the Albany Mall or Albany Drive Thru Chick-Fil-A for more information.
Make a Reservation
All school field trip reservations are first-come, first-served. School groups are required to make a reservation for 15 or more participants.
For more information, please call the Guest Services Manager at (229) 639-2650.
The Flint RiverQuarium subsidizes school visits by reducing the price of admission to school groups. Therefore, memberships do not apply when school children visit with a school group. Adult chaperones (parents and non-paid school staff) may use their membership, but not the student. If school does not pay for chaperones, individuals will be charged a chaperone fee.